About United Way Funding
The 2023-2024 grant application process is now CLOSED to new and existing agencies.
To be eligible for the Community Investment Fund through United Way of Coastal Carolina, partner agencies must be in compliance and interested agencies must meet the minimum requirements for eligibility. All interested applicants MUST complete a Letter of Intent through e-CImpact with all attachments by the deadline. If approved, an email notification will be sent to submit the full Grant Application for Funding through e-CImpact. Applicants are required to attend a Grant Orientation workshop, submit the required documents as detailed in the application by the deadline and be available to make a presentation to the Review Panels (members of the Community Impact Council) when requested. Site visits will also be scheduled.
Requests for the Community Investment Fund through this grant application process will be reviewed by trained community volunteers who will make a recommendation to the United Way Board of Directors for funding. Requests for funding less than $4,000 will be presented directly to the Partner Agency Committee for review and will not be required to complete the full grant application. Funding is not guaranteed but will be considered.
TIMELINE for Community Partners Grant Proposals (2023-2024) is listed below.
• February 17, 2023 – Letter of Intent (LOI) Released
• March 15, 2023- LOI & Attachments Due through e-CImpact by 12:59pm EST (new & current)
• March 20, 2023 – Grant Requests released by invitation
• April 24, 2023– Grant Request due through e-CImpact by 12:59pm EST
• May 2023 – Site Visits & Program Presentations
• By June 8, 2023 – Award Notifications and Final Feedback Letters
Thursday, March 30, 2023 @ 12pm – Grant Orientation Workshop*
Tuesday, April 4, 2023 @ 4pm – Grant Orientation Workshop*
Tuesday, April 11, 2023 @ 9:30am – Grant Orientation Workshop*
* Required to attend one of the Grant Orientation Workshops. Please RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited at each workshop.
We support agencies and programs that focus on building a stronger community for us all, particularly in our three focus areas of EDUCATION, INCOME & HEALTH, while addressing basic needs. United Way remains a leader in tackling the most pressing issues in the Carteret, Craven, Jones & Pamlico Counties, bringing together hundreds of community partners to help solve them. We provide resources and funding to nonprofits whose strategies align with ours and invite 501(c)3 organizations that are outstanding in our funding areas to consider applying for grants when available.